Carp Rules for Stillwaters
If carp fishing on any of the still waters you MUST abide by these rules, otherwise you run the risk of losing your ticket. Please read carefully.
- The highest possible standard of behaviour will be expected from all. These are common sense rules so please abide by them. Anyone breaking the rules faces expulsion and fees will not be refunded. Please be considerate of other angler at all times.
- Dawn to dusk fishing ONLY on still waters on a Season Ticket.
- Maximum of 3 rods on Markeaton, Allestree, Alvaston. (Please ensure you have 2 rod licences)
- ALVASTON LAKE - No Fishing in the Model Boaters Zone indicated by 2 white markers
- Maximum of 2 rods on Heatherton, Woodrows and Mill Dam.
- Gates to fisheries must be locked at all times.
- Woodrow's Pond - weather permitting, you may drop off tackle at peg but vehicle MUST be returned to car park area by river. If the ground is water-logged please park in car park area and barrow your tackle to your peg.
- Farnah Lake - Fishing Umbrellas/Small Brolly Systems only. Access around the lake must not be restricted at anytime. Strictly No Dogs due to Livestock. No Fires/Barbecues
- Under no circumstances are cars to be driven around/ parked around any of the Derby City Council stillwaters, also please do not park in front of the gates at Heatherton.
- Always ensure your nets are bone dry before commencing your session, this helps any bacteria to die off.
- Strictly no litter – all litter and unused bait to be removed and taken home, this includes cigarette ends. Any member found leaving litter will be expelled and fees will not be refunded.
- Bivvies only – NO Tents.
- Water Bucket for Carp Care.
- No camping, only anglers to be on a still water after dusk are premium members or night permit holders.
- No swimming or wading.
- We do allow a dog onto our fisheries, however the must be kept on a lead at all times, you must clean up after them and they must not be noisy
- No fires – No barbecues
- No drugs – alcohol in moderation
- Radio allowed but must not be audible in next swim
- Rods must NOT be left unattended in the water.
- Micro Barb Hooks preferred.
- No permanently fixed leads or fixed bolt rigs. All leads must be able to break free should a fish become snagged
- No braided mainline for carp fishing, braided hook lengths allowed
- Random rig checks will be made (please do not be offended)
- 10lb minimum breaking strain line when carp fishing
- All members to carry Fish care- Sudocrem, Bongela or Medicarp for fish care is essential as it is an antiseptic, creates a barrier from infections and helps aid healing. A large unhooking mat and a minimum of 42” landing net.
- No Keep Nets
- No retaining of fish in sacks or slings.
- If you suspect a fish is sick or injured report to a bailiff immediately or ring/text 07891 547968. Our fish are precious and consideration by members is of upmost importance.
- Bait boats permitted under sensible use.
- No live baiting.
- No cat food, dog food or nuts of any description.
- Particles to be pre-cooked or soaked 48 hours in advance.
- Persons fishing all of The Earl of Harrington’s AC waters do so at their own risk. The Club cannot be held responsible for any accident/injury to anglers or their possessions however caused, whilst on the premises.
- If disabled anglers need to use platforms near the car park at Woodrow's then please be considerate and allow them to fish.
We would like to thank everyone for your co-operation, any issues please let us know.
The Club reserves the right to close any fishery at a moment’s notice during fish spawning activity.
The Club reserves the right to amend the rules at any time.